This simple mini art project is based on Intuitive Art (creating art based on imagination, feelings and intentions), without boundaries or rules. It is super cool because it allows you to really use your imagination or even just let the pen do what it wants and see what happens.
What You Need:
- Plain paper or card
- Watercolour paints – or any other paints or pens (see our DIY watercolour paint recipe here)
- Black fine line pen (or felt tip pen)
How To Make:
- First, using your paints, start by creating blobs of colour across the page. Experiment with blurring colours together and different shapes and sizes of blobs.
- Leave to dry (watercolours will dry quickly).
- Then simply start to draw what you see or feel. You may think a blob looks like an animal or an object. You may decide to just create a pattern, or you may decide to join multiple blobs together.
- Just have fun playing with doodles.
We always recommend wearing an apron or old clothes for any crafts.