Society tends to categorise people into creative and non-creative types depending on a person’s profession or interests. However creativity isn’t about whether you can draw but moreover a general approach to everything you do.
So what are the characteristics of a creative person?
- Curiosity – to learn more & see anything or everything as interesting
- Imagination – the ability to step into someone else’s shoes or another world (including daydreaming)
- Sense of humour – not taking themselves too seriously all of the time
- Risk takers – bending or breaking the rules now and again (within reason)
- Patience – being able to wait for that Eureka moment
- Excitement – seeing the smallest of things as an opportunity
- Inspiration – really interested in people and seeks inspiration from a variety of people/places/things
- Collaboration – always open to work with others on projects
- Space – to think, experiment & make mistakes!