Try something new or refresh something old!
About the BEGIN. series…
This series of experiences are “taster” sessions & aimed at complete beginners or those of you want a “refresher” – developed as an ideal way to explore a wide variety of artistic methods and media, learning new artistic skills, discovering what you enjoy most, and developing creative ideas.
Each month enjoy a relaxing afternoon and explore your creativity – Dip in and out of the series as you choose – or do them all!
Classes are structured, instructive, & professional – yet social and fun at the same time. So whether you come on your own or with a few friends, we aim to make the experience friendly, fun and enjoyable.
What to expect…
Each month join us for tea, coffee and piece of cake – and take part in a couple of hours socialising with others and immersing yourself in a “new skill”
These sessions provide an opportunity to “try” something arty or creative, develop new skills, explore new materials before embarking on a more in-depth course – or not!
There won’t be any pressure to create a realistic representation of what’s in front of you. This workshop is simply about experimenting with your materials and letting your intuition guide you.
Your finished artwork could be a perfect gift or simply hang it on your wall to admire and let it inspire you!
This month’s BEGIN.
Drawing Fundamentals – Composition
- Look at different mark making techniques to add interest, movement and form
- Learn basic principles of composition
- Experiment with a simple still life composition
- Experiment with a slightly trickier still life composition
- Experiment with charcoal, pastel and ink
- Depending on level of understanding of all students, you may be encouraged to add in detail to your composition (learnt in previous BEGIN. sessions or prior knowledge)
Thursday 11th August 2022
3.30 – 5.30pm
Tickets: £25 per person
We kindly ask if you can arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time, as we always aim to start on time to ensure we have enough time to make our wonderful pieces. Thank you 🙂 Drinks will be available and are served in paper cups. Thank you for your understanding. For more info on our COVID safety protocols and booking terms click here
- All materials provided
- Complementary Tea & Coffee available