Our courses are spread over 3 monthly sessions with an exhibition at the end.
Course 1: DISCOVER
Course 2: NOURISH
Course 3: EXPLORE
- During the courses the children will be introduced to and explore many aspects of:Plant care including; growing, nurturing, reusing & recycling, harvesting and production. They will have a chance to grow, eat, and make art with various plants and flowers.
- Art & crafts including; drawing & painting techniques, mixed media, sculpture, fundamentals of art, explore famous artists and their work and of course create their own art masterpieces.
- Mindfulness: An integral part of these sessions is wellbeing. Throughout and at the end of every session, we allow the children time to be still, contemplate, relax and find calm through meditation, storytelling, mini yoga and much more.
- Every session the children will make, grow or nurture something to take away that day or save for the exhibition.
- At the end of each course we curate a special exhibition open to the public where your child will have the opportunity to be proud of and showcase their hard work like a real artist.
- Each course includes a work book for sessions and optional (fun) homework activities.
What to expect on course 1:
- Understanding soil & plants through exploratory activities
- Basic colour theory
- Introduction to the seven elements of art
- Introduction to relevant Art movements & Artists
- Looking at the world around us using our senses
- Every session make, grow or nurture to take away that day or save for the exhibition
- Three 4 hour group sessions
- Plus an end of course curated exhibition
(3 sessions plus exhibition)
11th September 2021 – 10-2pm
16th October 2021 – 10-2pm
13th November 2021 – 10-2pm
EXHIBITION 11th December 2021 – 10-2pm
Open to children aged 7 – 14 yrs old